Friday, March 30, 2012

Bookr

Here's the link for my Bookr: A Stray Cat.

IMG_9224
Bookr is a very cute and easy-to-use online tool and I made a storybook myself by using it! It's a really cool experience!

I think the objective I can use for Bookr is to help the students learning some specific knowledge, like how to use past tense or to learn some grammar things. By using the Bookr, I use a lot of past tense in order to teach the students how to use the past tense and at the same time make my instruction interesting and attention-grabbing.

The type of story I would have my students create is the story that has a clear storyline and not very abstract. Like I would like my students to telling a story about their Spring Break or to create a fairytale using past tense.

I would not use this tool as my main teaching material, because I found that Bookr's picture search is not that fully developed and I cannot find many nice pictures. I would use it as a "dessert" for my teaching and to give students some different learning experience.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Your story is lovely. You may find some tools that you prefer for digital storytelling in the next mod.