Friday, February 10, 2012

TED is an awesome teaching resource


  The blog named Authentic Teaching and I have read and comment on this blog's post Frank's Frustrated Teaching which is telling a story about a language teacher's frustrated experience. This teacher complains about his students' frustrating cooperation and communication and the learners just don't have the "hot buttons" and the teacher don't know what to do. This situation is worth thinking for every person who is engaged in Education career. 

  I think it is not enough with only the instructor possesses passion. Teachers and students both should have passion. In China, English teachers are often in a awkward position that teachers want to foster students’ interest in English, however on the other hand, they have to be a test preparer who is instructing students how to get a higher grades in exams, instead of giving the students some insight about learning language. Teachers could only stimulate students with if you learn English well you could get a higher points in exams and in the future you would probably go to a famous college and find a better job and earn much money. That’s the way we Chinese English teachers encourage students. So I really want to change the situation.

  After reading Willy C. Cardoso’s post, I get to know the website TED.com which is an awesome website! It covers various interesting topics and I think I could use those video clips in my future English teaching! I think this website could easily arouse students’ interest and give them motivation to learn English well. I mean, it could give them motivation that with learning English well they could really broaden their horizon and get to know the world better!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

The post you linked to was interesting, but I didn't see your comment on the site.