Friday, April 6, 2012

Digital storytelling

  Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component. Just like the Bookr we have made, the Bookr is a kind of digital storytelling that could allow the students to see it online with picture explanation and text. I think because storytelling involves a lot plots and by digital storytelling the teacher could give the students a deep understanding of what the teacher is talking about and provide them with visual aid at the same time. Nowadays, many schools expose the instructors and students to storytelling and this method really facilitate various learning styles.


  In the future, I would incorporate storytelling into my teaching but not too much, I mean I will not give the students everyday or every week homework in digital storytelling method. But I will use digital storytelling occasionally, in order to give my students a new taste of the learning method and make them get interested in my teaching material! Also I will hold a group work by letting the students make an overall digital storytelling book. Just like the 7 things you should know about digital storytelling "Digital stories let students express themselves not only with their own words but also in their own voices, fostering a sense of individuality and of owing their creations".


1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I hope you have the opportunity to try out digital story-telling in some form with your students in the future.